Last legislative session, Colorado State Representative Kyle Mullica and State Senator Kevin Priola introduced the controversial HB19 1312. This bill would have doubled the number of required vaccines and violated medical privacy for Coloradans of all ages. This totalitarian bill trampled the rights of people attending daycare through college. The overreach and harassment campaign was bold and alarming and would have deeply affected every single Colorado resident.
If you wanted to decline even one of the 69 required vaccine doses, you would be forced to:
- Go to the health department in person to identify yourself. Ask permission from a government bureaucrat to make health care decisions.
- An individual would have been subjected to whatever “education” the unelected, unaccountable government official deemed necessary.
- Sign a document with compelled language implying that an individual’s decision endangers their children and those who come in contact with them.
- Reveal personally identifiable information including name, address, phone number, and private medical information. This will be added to a government tracking database similar to a sex offender registry. Coloradans that accept all 69 doses would get to keep their medical information private under FERPA and HIPPA laws. This will create a system that preserves or removes individual privacy based on how many pharmaceutical products they consume. These types of databases are shared with any number of federal, state and private entities and are regularly breached.
Citizens Fighting For Their Rights
Coloradans with a variety of views on vaccines, who value independence, and privacy showed up at the Capitol in historic numbers to show their disdain. Thankfully this draconian legislation ultimately died on the Senate floor.
Beware of Pharma Lobbyist Driven Lies
Representative Mullica has often made remarks about measles stating, “Colorado is a puddle of gasoline, just waiting for a match to be thrown on it.”.[3,4] On December 11, 2019, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) issued a report that the public may have been exposed to measles by three children who had flown into Denver International Airport. Later, the children were admitted to Children’s Hospital. [5,6]
Local and national media sensationalized the story using fear-based propaganda and doomsday warnings. Measles is a mostly benign virus that causes a week-long rash and fever. Legislators pushing this agenda and constant misinformation about how contagious the virus is, yet no one else contracted the virus.
Colorado vaccination rates are quite high and we have no need for intrusive legislation. It should be noted that if Colorado had 100% vaccine compliance measles cases will inevitably occur. 
It is alarming to see the media colluding with legislators to create hysteria and fear around these occasional cases. Representative Mullica and Senator Priola use this same propaganda to take away Coloradans’ rights. We hope that shining a light on this pattern of behavior will help our fellow citizens act in the future.
Measles vs. Injury – Protecting Our Children
In 2015, USA Today reported a news story about a measles-related death, and later admitted the last U.S. measles-related death occurred in 2003. That’s two measles-related deaths in 17 years. A person is 620 times more likely to die of a lightning strike than die from measles.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment reports that between 2014 – 2019, there have been five cases of measles. Eight cases of measles in 6 years, including the three at Denver International Airport, with a mortality rate of zero.
The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), a government vaccine safety database, run by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), reports 475 people died as a direct result of receiving their measles vaccines.[11,12]
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care was commissioned by the CDC to study our current vaccine injury tracking system.
They found that “adverse events [injuries and death] from vaccines are common but underreported, with less than one percent reported to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).” If this study is accurate, then the 475 reported deaths caused directly by receiving the measles vaccine, could represent 47,500 deaths as a direct result of receiving the measles vaccine. Our government does not seem interested in tracking vaccine-related injury or death. It is clear by the data that we do have honest information about the Measles virus or the risks listed in the vaccine insert. [14,15]
Colorado does not have a Measles crisis. We do not need tyrannical legislation to fix an imaginary problem. Colorado has a high vaccination uptake. Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has effective policies and procedures in place to address any intermittent cases.
These legislators appear to have learned nothing by the uproar, extensive discussion, and a plethora of scientific data presented.
Representative Mullica, Senator Priola and Senator Gonzales are making another attempt to solve a nonexistent problem by attacking bodily autonomy. They are boasting and congratulating themselves for their draconian plan to again introduce legislation that removes basic human rights. The legislation ignores bodily autonomy, circumvents HIPPA and FERPA privacy laws, engage in invasive data collection, and track law-abiding citizens. This biased “education” harasses and punishes fellow citizens who hold medical, religious or philosophical objections to receiving a vaccination.
Watch the full story here:
Only you can protect your family from this government overreach.
Get involved today at Medical Autonomy Colorado, subscribe to our YouTube channel (Medical Autonomy Colorado) and on our Facebook page.
Join us today!
- HB19-1312 – School Immunization Requirements | Colorado General Assembly, 27 Apr. 2019, www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb19-1312
- “Vaccination Bill Dead in Colorado Senate, Sparking Accusations of Putting Politics before Kids’ Health.” The Denver Post, The Denver Post, 3 May 2019, www.denverpost.com/2019/05/02/vaccine-vaccination-bill-colorado-senate/
- “Colorado Bill Which Tightens Loopholes That Allow Parents to Opt out of Child Vaccinations Advances.” KMGH, 16 Apr. 2019, www.thedenverchannel.com/news/360/colorado-bill-aims-to-tighten-loopholes-thatallow-parents-to-opt-out-of-vaccinating-children
- “Hear This Well.” Hear This Well – What Do We Think, as Parents and as State…, www.facebook.com/HearThisWell/posts/2394411660602958
- “3 Children With Measles Flew From New Zealand To LAX Before Arriving At DIA, Health Officials Confirm.” CBS Denver, CBS Denver, 17 Dec. 2019, www.denver.cbslocal.com/2019/12/17/measles-dia-lax-new-zealand-health-children/
- “Travelers at DIA Warned of Possible Exposure to Measles.” KUSA, 16 Dec. 2019, www.9news.com/article/news/health/possible-measles-exposure-to-dia-travelers/731df57fac-cbe6-4dbd-9e46-fd1361ae1e0a
- “Incubation Period Finished For Those Exposed To Measles At DIA & Children’s Hospital.” CBS Denver, CBS Denver, 4 Jan. 2020, www.denver.cbslocal.com/2020/01/04/dia-childresn-measles-incubation/
- Poland, G A, and R M Jacobson. “Failure to Reach the Goal of Measles Elimination. Apparent Paradox of Measles Infections in Immunized Persons.” Archives of Internal Medicine, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 22 Aug. 1994, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8053748
- “Measles Kills First Patient in 12 Years.” USA Today, Gannett Satellite Information Network, 3 July 2015, www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/02/measles-deathwashington-state/29624385/
- “Measles.” Department of Public Health and Environment, 18 Dec. 2019, www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/measles
- “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).” Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), www.vaers.hhs.gov/
- “Found 475 Cases Where Vaccine Targets Measles (MEA or MER or MM or MMR or MMRV) and Patient Died.” Search Results from the VAERS Database, https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=DEAY&EVENTS=ON&VAX=MEA&VAX=MER&VAX=MM&VAX=MMR&VAX=MMRV&VAXTYPES=Measles&DIED=Yes
- “Electronic Support for Public Health – Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (ESP:VAERS) (Massachusetts).” Electronic Support for Public Health – Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (ESP:VAERS) (Massachusetts) | AHRQ Digital Healthcare Research: Informing Improvement in Care Quality, Safety, and Efficiency, http://digital.ahrq.gov/ahrq-funded-projects/electronic-support-public-health-vaccineadverse-event-reporting-system
- Classen, J B, and D C Classen. “Public Should Be Told That Vaccines May Have Long Term Adverse Effects.” BMJ (Clinical Research Ed.), British Medical Journal, 16 Jan. 1999, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1114674/.
- M-M-R II (MEASLES, MUMPS, and RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE LIVE) Package Insert. www.fda.gov/media/75191/download
- “El Paso County Health Department Measles Management Timeline” Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7npKf07QiaAYXNfWlBLS0ZNa2c/view